Fuel: Breakfast Sandwich

Egg White, Spinach, and Feta Cheese Sandwich Recipe

Ingredients:

1 English muffin, cut in half
3 TBS egg whites
2 tsp basil pesto
small handful of spinach, torn into smaller pieces
1 TBS sundried tomatoes
1 TBS feta cheese

1. Put the egg whites, spinach, sundried tomatoes, and feta cheese in a bowl. Microwave on high for 1-2 minutes, until egg whites are done.

2. Meanwhile, put the English muffin in the toaster until you get the toast you like (I prefer medium to well-toasted). Spread the basil pesto on one side of the English muffin

3. Place the egg mixture on top of the muffin mixture. Combine halves to make a breakfast sandwich!

I know this isn't very complicated, but I hope I gave some of you ideas! I love making this sandwich for fast fuel. I get a mix of protein (egg whites), fat (cheese and oil from sundried tomatoes), and carbs (vegetables, bread). You can leave this off bread or use a wrap instead. What inspired this? Starbucks has a delicious Spinach and Feta wrap that I like to enjoy with a hot chai tea latte sometimes.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Recap: Four Courts Four Miler

Shoulder Surgery Recovery: Wrapping Up Week 5

Thank You: Running