Shoulder Surgery Recovery: Days 6-9

Day 6: First Walk/Bike

After my post-op, I walked a mile to the gym to bike for a really easy 44 mins (10 mins at level 1, 30 mins at level 5, 4 mins at level 1–all light). It was very pretty outside, so walking a mile to/fro the gym was actually very pleasant. I was happy to finally move more.

Day 7: Miralax

Took an oxycodone this morning, answered emails, did some light telework. Buying a 100ft Ethernet cable was a bit overkill, but I don’t have to worry about where I want to work in the condo. Bam got another desk, so we can both work from home. I iced a few times.

I couldn’t get a bowel movement this morning, and I was still feeling really blocked up/bloated/painful, so I walked to the gym, biked 40 mins, walked to Target, bought some Powderlax (Up and Up brand of Miralax/polyethylene glycol), and walked home. I was hoping the return to activity would make me more regular, but, alas, no. The Powderlax did wonders at home! 💩💩💩

Day 8: Walk

Took another oxycodone last night while I iced. I took Miralax first thing in the morning, but it did nothing for me all day. I took one Dulcolax, but no poo. 

I didn’t ice or take oxy during the day, but I got by with just Tylenol. 

I was able to walk about 4.5 miles today (15-16min/mi pace, or about 3.75 mph—better than 2.5mph I started at on Tuesday)! I’m really looking forward to lifting again, even if it’s only core work and legs. However, getting by with small boobs and not wearing a bra is nice for now.

Day 9: Ice

I didn’t ice last night. Took an oxy at bedtime, though. I’m icing this morning as I type. 

I took Miralax and Dulcolax this morning in hopes of some movement today. Ugh. This no pooping thing is getting old. 

My days are broken down into: pain management (ice, drugs), poop wishes (Miralax, Dulcolax, massage, sitting in squat), and exercise. I eat and sleep between the boredom.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Recap: Four Courts Four Miler

Shoulder Surgery Recovery: Wrapping Up Week 5

Lab Lessons: Mils, Not Millimeters