Fuel: Caprese Salad

I am a sucker for caprese salad. It is simple and refreshing, with an emphasis on simple. I suck at making balsamic vinegar reductions (I have zero patience), so I was very excited to learn from my friend Chris that Whole Foods (and I'm sure other grocery stores, but Whole Foods is closest to me) carries a bottle of pre-made balsamic vinegar. I used it to drizzle (or drown) my caprese salad.

Ingredients:
3 heirloom tomatoes (any color, any size)
1-2 fresh mozzarella balls
1 sprig of fresh basil
Isola Classic Creme (a gourmet infusion of balsamic vinegar of Modena) or your own balsamic reduction

Directions:
  1. Slice the tomatoes into 1-2cm thick slices.
  2. Slice the mozzarella balls into 1-2cm thick slices.
  3. Lay the tomatoes and mozzarella on a plate, alternating between the cheese and fruit.
  4. Pick some basil leaves and tear into smaller pieces (I have no patience, so I basically tear the leaves in a haphazard way) and sprinkle on top of everything.
  5. Drizzle it all with Isola Classic Creme or your balsamic reduction.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Recap: Four Courts Four Miler

Shoulder Surgery Recovery: Wrapping Up Week 5

Lab Lessons: Mils, Not Millimeters