Book Review: Campbell Biology (Textbook)

I'm way behind on book reviews, but I've been reading! In July, I read 18 chapters from Campbell Biology (9th Edition) Jane B. Reece (Author), Lisa A. Urry (Author), Michael L. Cain (Author), Steven A. Wasserman (Author), Peter V. Minorsky (Author), Robert B. Jackson (Author). The book is wonderfully written. It was so easy to grasp the concepts because the textbook uses good examples and analogies alongside photographs and diagrams. This is a good book for Biology 108 (Principles of Biology).

Each chapter is subdivided into sections with 2-3 questions after each section. There is a review after each chapter, and the answers are provided in the back of the book. There are also questions under the photographs throughout the chapters, and those questions are also answered in the back of the book.

One feature I really liked and thought was helpful were the sidebars that summarized experiments that resulted in major scientific findings. It was presented as what the scientists were trying to understand, what they did, their results, and the conclusions they made and how it ties into the chapter.

I bought the book from one of my classmates (as I had rented it for the course) because I liked it so much. You can find it on Amazon or buy it used for cheap. I definitely recommend it as an introduction to biology book.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Recap: Four Courts Four Miler

Shoulder Surgery Recovery: Wrapping Up Week 5

Lab Lessons: Mils, Not Millimeters