Fuel: Oatmeal

Oatmeal with Banana, Peanut Butter, and Chocolate

Ingredients
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 cup water
1 banana
1 small handful of chocolate chips (or 1 serving)
1 spoonful of chunky peanut butter

1. Boil the water (I microwave it on high for 2 minutes) and mix it with the oatmeal.

2. Slice the banana on top.

3. Add the chocolate chips.

4. Stir in the spoonful of peanut butter.

I do this while it is all hot, and it turns into a gooey mess of an oatmeal dish. I've had this before long runs and before long work days. Sometimes I start thinking about my sugar and fat intake, and I just have plan oatmeal...but that's no fun for a blog post.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Recap: Four Courts Four Miler

Shoulder Surgery Recovery: Wrapping Up Week 5

Lab Lessons: Mils, Not Millimeters