Fuel: Kale Chips

Ingredients:
Kale (we bought one big bunch)
Olive oil (spray works best)
Salt

Instructions:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (~177 degrees Celsius)

2. Line a baking sheet with foil or wax paper (or nothing, I just like an easy clean up).

3. Break kale up into smaller pieces (about 2-4 inches long).

4. Either toss kale with olive oil now or wait if you have some spray.

5. Line kale in a single layer across the baking sheet (I was running out of room and had a little overlap).

6. If you haven't tossed with olive oil, now is the time to spray with olive oil.

7. Add a little salt if you like (I like salt, so I shook a little salt over the chips).

8. Place on the top rack for 15 minutes.

9. Remove when crispy. You can enjoy right away!

My boyfriend wasn't a fan of the kale cooking smell (it smells like Brussels sprouts, he said), so he didn't want any kale chips. I ate all of this by myself. I guess cooking the kale is a good way to get in a lot of kale.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Recap: Four Courts Four Miler

Shoulder Surgery Recovery: Wrapping Up Week 5

Lab Lessons: Mils, Not Millimeters