Fuel: Almond Cherry Oatmeal

Ingredients:
1/2 cup instant oatmeal
1 cup water (or however much it says for your instant oatmeal
handful of dried sour cherries
handful of sliced almonds

Instructions:
1. Put all ingredients into a bowl.

2. Microwave on high for 2 minutes.

I like instant oatmeal because I like to make a quick and easy breakfast. I just like to share easy ways to spice up plain instant oatmeal without buying those pre-flavored instant packs. I don't like to use table sugar or brown sugar to add some sweetness to the oats, so I use fruit most of the time (I do use chocolate chips if I'm looking for a chocolate fix). Dried fruit is great, especially if you're mixing a large dry batch for a trip.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Recap: Four Courts Four Miler

Shoulder Surgery Recovery: Wrapping Up Week 5

Lab Lessons: Mils, Not Millimeters