Book Review: Terminal Lance: Head Call


In June, I read a lot about triathlon training, so cut me some slack for reading a collection of Maximilian Uriarte's first 100 Terminal Lance comics published in Marine Corps Times.

Max has a website dedicated to Terminal Lance. Check it out at http://terminallance.com/ if you have no clue what I'm talking about. He has two books published, and I purchased the Kindle edition of Head Call so I could read it on my computer while I was sick. It's less than $10! Go buy a copy.

(I was sick from work all of last least week and spent a lot of time sleeping, getting sick, and dying. Reading Terminal Lance was one of the more uplifting moments.)

The Marine Corps will always have a special place in my heart. I love Marines and working with Marines. I miss being in the Marine Corps a lot and wish I had a longer career. Max, however, reminds me of the true everyday Marine Corps/military and things I don't miss (and can now laugh about). Thanks, Max! It's very much appreciated to know that the Marine Corps is not the center of the world!

I like Head Call because Max can explain his thoughts behind some of the comics and even includes some unpublished versions. He even offers advice to Marines every now and then on LIFE AFTER THE CORPS. Invaluable. Basically, go to school! Max does his best to put out plain, uncensored, hilariously accurate comics, but sometimes he can only go far (thanks to "The Man").

Max recently graduated and is seeking a job in animation/story boarding. Check out his resume site at http://www.maximilianu.com/ for more work and contact info.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Race Recap: Four Courts Four Miler

Shoulder Surgery Recovery: Wrapping Up Week 5

Lab Lessons: Mils, Not Millimeters